Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Tears are annoying little balls of salty water that fall at the most inappropriate times. Happy tears, sad tears, confused tears, angry tears. So many different types of tears. With tears come all sorts of other issues - runny noses, sore eyes, run mascara.It seems such a waste - crying. Lots of people dont cry all that much, yet there are people that can cry at the smallest of things, crying is a good way to let out emotion.

If there is one thing I have never truly understood it is - why do people cry at weddings. Surely they are such happy events that tears shouldn't even be considered. Last year at my cousins wedding - it came clear to me that actually people cry at weddings because they are happy, not sad.

Tears, such good way to show so many emotions. I can think of so many emotions- and link them all into to tears, whether it is young or old ages in which they are related to - they still are there. Jealousy - as a child, many people will remember, crying because your best friend got new roller blades and you didn't and silly little childish things. Anger - especially as a teenager, I have really associated many things with anger, I become angered easily - I used to get rid of this anger in such a horrid way in which now a days I would not even consider - now left is crying away the anger. Sadness - everyone crys because they are sad at one point in their life or another, its a natural thing to cry when you are sad. The list goes on and on.

I have cried so many times, in front of so many different people - some I knew well, others I did not. Every time, I had to explain myself, why I was crying, what happened that was so bad that it made me cry. What people never understood is that sometimes there was no reason for my tears - and that I had just bottled up so much, I had to let it out. Someone had left the bowl under the tap and the bowl was beginning to overflow this is how it was explained to me once. At the time it made so much sense. 


Songs make me cry, whether its the lyrics or the tune. The sweetest of each can bring pools to my eyes. Sometimes they bring back memories - some that make me happy, others that scar me, some which haunt me like a shadow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment