Wednesday, 12 October 2011

An Older Sister...

When I was small, vulnerable and innocent, all I wanted was an older sister. Someone to play hide and seek with me, to sit and read books with me, to chase me round the garden, and pick me up and cuddle me.
Now, an older sister would be the person that cuddles me when I'm crying, picks me up when I'm down, tells me its going to be okay even if at the moment it seemed never ending, gave me advice, helped me with homework, got me through the some of the trickiest times of my life so far, and someone who would listen, to all the bad things and make sense.

Biologically, I dont have an older sister, but mentally, in my head she is everything an older sister should be. Yes, maybe the situation is slightly peculiar, but I know that I could go to her with any problem and shed know exactly what to do.

Its amazing how much you can actually look up to someone, holding so much aspiration. But it is possible and is carried out every day with every person on this earth. Each person has one person, whom they currently are inspired by or have been inspired by, often more than once - dead or alive. Its truly unreal how fantastic it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment