Recently you have been playing on my mind, and I don't know why - some unknown reason posted into the depths of my brain.
Sometimes I wonder what you looked like, talked like, sounded like, did you look like any one famous. Yes I have seen photos but photos are never quite the same - I never look like me in pictures.
In my head you are this amazing person, who stood tall and fought for what they believed in. Never let anyone upset your family and stuck by them.
I keep imagining things in my head - things you would have said, things you would have done. Slightly biased maybe but its just what mum says her view of you is truly amazing.
She told me that if you were still here then you would sort it all out and make it all better - she didn't know how - but you would still make it better.
I wish I had met you, it will be 34 years in October since the day.
You have 5 beautiful grand children - and another on the way. And 5 even sweeter great grandchildren - you would have been a superb Grampy - I just know it.
You'd be so proud of your Luke - I know I am. And my mum she's just got a new job - im proud of her too!
Since last week-end I know Dot will be looking after you - where-ever you may be. I hope she cooks you dinner. I don't like the thought of you going hungry.
Watch over mum and Katie when I cant and my girls in Essex - I miss them so much...
Rest In Peace Grandad - I love you, even though I never met you.
No comments:
Post a Comment